Thursday, August 1, 2013

Bike ride by the River

There is a river, the Platte River,  near my apartment (about 3/4 of a mile walk or bike ride) that has a bike/walk path. Whenever I come here it doesn't feel as though I'm even in the city. It's so pretty and you can take this path to another creek that you can probably walk along for even longer. I love how downtown Denver has all these walking/biking trails that you can go on that make you feel like you've escaped the city without even leaving the city. Anyways, I wanted to share some photographs of some of the pretty flowers that grow along the river's edge that I snapped during a bike ride the other day. Oh, and did you know it's illegal to pick any wildflower here in the state of Colorado? Had NO idea! No wonder people were giving us funny looks the last hike we went on. I had picked some wildflowers to put on my table....well, I won't be doing that again.





The next one is of Elitch gardens, the amusement park here in downtown, that you can also see along the river's edge. 



Hope you liked! I'm also going to be opening an Etsy shop soon to sell some of the photographs as prints...so when that's all up and ready to go, I'll let you know, and maybe if you like them enough you'll want some on your wall too. ;) Thanks for visiting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment